Wednesday, September 15, 2010

30 Years and a Home

After checking my emails and rummaging through paperworks, I am currently in a state of a 10-minute self-declared “pause” from work with a mug of Monk’s blend coffee on one hand. I recalled what went on earlier this week and I remembered how this person, who in his retirement years, I suspect ( but whose energy is that of a 50 yr old) talked so enthusiastically and passionately about his recent trip overseas to visit his son and his family. The thrill of hearing about places and imagining sights you’ve never been  is always a big wow to me!  Anyway, to cut a not so long story ( as I do not have the luxury of time to listen for even half of an hour , although I wished to!) , at the end of  the talk, I was led into checking what’s in store in Bakersfield, California.

Yes, the city’s website impressed me, their calendar marked different activities for people from all walks of life , and the list can go on and on… BUT , this one article impressed me a lot, a whole LOT more than what the city can offer or just how great the community is. It just defined a simple, single cell – a nutshell of that community. It speaks about what commitment is all about, how a house cannot be defined solely as an investment but more importantly, how we can make it a home.  Like that one from a too familiar song? It’s okay, you can belt it out all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment