Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Almost missed it on a dot! But it ain't so when there's cat in the hat!

Sounds familiar? the rhymes and riddles, i love it so...but it isn't a line from Dr. Seuss' books. It is an attempt to make one, actually! Oh how I love Dr. Seuss! And what a more fitting way to celebrate his 107th anniversary than to write about the works of the man, Theodor Seuss Geisel?

As long as i can remember, I always drool over Dr. Seuss books the way I did in my teens for the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series.  Its simplicity and not-so-dramatic pictures have taken me into some distant lands not known of.  Being a mom now,  I love that my 2 kids also love Dr. Seuss' books. Thanks to Booksale, we can always raid the store and still leave not penniless. When Dana and Boj started reading at 4 and 5yo, never did a night pass by without leafing through "The Cat in the Hat" 



And sometimes i would complain (guiltily!) because there as sooo many pages and we keep on reading the book every night! When it was Boj's turn, I suggested the " Foot Book" would be better  - go figure why :-) and it also comes handy for a Math activity


English and Math, well even cakes now have the cat and the fish too (check this out - lovely designs for Dr. Seuss' themed cakes)! And who could ever forget the Grinch and Horton that heard Who?

So here's a toast to a generation of readers! And along with it comes a prayer that, may our tribe greatly increase!                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment